Once you’ve finalized the booking, why not go above and beyond for your clients and recommend a few travel apps that could prove helpful during their vacation. There are countless apps available for the different operating systems (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, etc.) and while some are free, others are available for a slight fee. And of course, some are more useful and reliable than others, so it’s always a good idea to look at ratings and reviews from those who’ve already tested particular apps.
With apps available for everything from currency conversion and language translation to interactive museum and walking tours, and maps and schedules for various public transportation systems, traveling to and throughout unfamiliar destinations has never been easier. Curious? Google best travel apps and you’ll be amazed at the sheer number of options. Overwhelmed? Narrow your search to specific countries, regions, cities; even narrower searches like “Dining in Tuscany app,” “Museums of Rome app,” “Walking Tours London app,” will produce a variety of results to consider.
Here are just a few of our favorites. Take a look, try them yourself and share your favorites with clients.
- Rail Europe: Allows users to research train schedules between most stations in Europe, buy tickets (at many); even select a seat!
- SayHi: Accurate and easy to use language translation app
- Measures: Puts a unit and currency conversion tool at your fingertips. Users can easily see what a potential purchase costs in US dollars or what the temperature is in Fahrenheit.
- Museums Mobile – Contains information on thousands of the world’s largest museums and includes information on current and permanent collections. Using your phone’s GPS locator, it will even point you in the direction of museums in the area.
- Tripit: Allows users to store all the details of their travel for easy, chronological viewing. It’s the perfect place to keep flight confirmations, hotel and rental car vouchers, phone numbers, schedules, etc. It can even alert users if something in their plans change.
- Packing Pro – By simply plugging in where they’re going, for how long, and with who, this app will suggest what to pack in categories such as essentials (passport, currency), clothes, gadgets, and more. It can even suggest separate lists for traveling companions.